StIPS moderates TEDxUppsalaUniversity
On September 21st StIPS will be moderating the first TEDx event to be held in Uppsala. TED is a global concept that allows the best speakers and most creative minds to share their ideas and thoughts in audience friendly ‘talks’ of maximum 18 minutes. Besides moderating the event StIPS will also give a workshop to the speakers to help them prepare their talks and connect with their audience.
This event has the theme of Resilience and will provide a platform to share ideas and stories around this concept with speakers from all kinds of disciplines and backgrounds. Today’s global challenges require systems, societies and individuals to be able to respond and adapt to change, not least by developing greater flexibility, and in an increasingly complex world with an ever faster pace of transformation, how prepared are we?
The impressive list of speakers include:
- Walid Al-Saqaf who will give a talk on ‘Rising to the occasion and fighting for your ideals, and overcoming life’s difficulties through resilience’ and sees himself as a Yemeni activist.
- Filippa Bergin, a sustainability expert who believes in the future. Filippa will conceptualize resilience as “a new description of the economic world”.
- Brian Palmer, a social anthropologist and scholar of religion at Uppsala University in Sweden , will talk about civic courage and the incredible courageous deeds of resilient individuals.
- Sven Heijbel describes himself as a 26-year old entrepreneur and psychology student, passionate about happiness and business development. Sven’s talk is focused on ideas and tools for building resilient happiness.
- Timothée Parrique describes himself as an explorer in the field of economics, passionate about philosophy, and the history of ideas.
- Lina Thomsgård a PR consultant and founder of the social media innovation Rättviseförmedlingen (Equalisters), an award winning equality project involving 50 000 people spreading knowledge and bringing gender balance and norm breaking into media representation.
- Johan Rockström, Professor in Environmental Science with emphasis on water resources and global Sustainability at Stockholm University and the Executive Director of Stockholm Resilience Centre.He is an internationally recognized scientist on global sustainability issues, where he, e.g., led the recent development of the new Planetary Boundaries framework for human development in the current era of rapid global change.
- Anders Wijkman, a Swedish opinion leader and author on sustainability issues. Former Secretary General for the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation, Policy Director of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and Assistant Secretary General of the UN. His other responsibilities include the co-Presidency of the Club of Rome, Councillor of the World Future Council and member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
The event will be moderated by Ruben Brunsveld from the Stockholm Institute for Public Speaking.
For more information on this fantastic event check out the event website.
Other news and events from the Stockholm Institute for Public Speaking.